Trading Analytics and Business Manager
- Identifying and driving digital initiatives, by developing methodologies and tools for advanced analytics. Be a key player in developing a new Trading Analytics environment using Data Methodologies
- Actively liaising with other functions in the business, such as Risk, IT, Finance as well as coordinating external resources and representing CEMT in projects and steering committee
- Creating trading desk tools, reports and dashboards by using advance visualization tools (e.g. Power BI) in order to monitor, steer and optimize trading activities
- Supporting senior management with information and ad-hoc analysis of current activities, positions and P&L
- Continuous improvement of trading environment and striving for operational and trading analytics excellence
- Working directly with traders analyzing and explaining portfolio P&L and exposure
- University degree in technical major or economics
- Several years (min. 5) of experience in a similar function, ideally in a preferably energy or commodity trading environment, with good knowledge of risk and portfolio management, P&L calculations, financial products, etc.
- Excellent IT knowledge, including programming (R, Python,VBA) and Power BI platform
- Strong interest and know-how in Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Big Data and Data Sciences
- Very strong Database skills (SQL)
- Excellent analytical, fast out-of-the-box thinking and problem solving skills and strong drive for innovation
- Proven Project management experience
- High degree of personal initiative and ability to learn quickly
- Good team player and customer service attitude
- Excellent communication skills in English and other languages a plus (D, I, F)
No agencies please. Candidates to apply through our online system. Thank you.
Checking application documents and pre-selection Open or Close
When we receive your application we (Recruiting Team link) check your documents. If your motivation, qualifications and work experience fit the job profile, you're already a step closer.
Video interview Open or Close
For some functions, we carry out staggered video interviews before the first meeting. You will be able to answer our questions by video, and you decide on the time and place.
Meeting you in person Open or Close
We now look forward to meeting you in person for the first time. You'll have the opportunity to learn more about Axpo and get more detailed information about the job. Depending on the function, you will be given a sample task to complete, or we'll draw up a job-related personality profile with you. You may be invited to an assessment centre. A meeting with the team is also an option. In the final stage we'll make you a fair offer in line with standard wages.
Three tips Open or Close
Tip 1: A well prepared dossier and pertinent covering letter help us to learn more about your skills.
Tip 2: In your interview be open and genuine. This helps us to get an accurate picture of you, and also helps you to find out if Axpo is for you.
Tip 3: Asks questions in the interview and clarify any outstanding points.
About usThe Axpo Group produces, trades and distributes energy reliably for more than 3 million people and several thousand companies in Switzerland and in over 30 countries throughout Europe. Around 4500 employees combine the expertise from 100 years of climate-friendly power production with innovative strength for a sustainable energy future. Axpo is an international leader in energy trading and in the development of tailor-made energy solutions for its customers.
More information about Axpo
Further open positions at Axpo