Quantitative Risk Analyst
- Ensuring completeness and accuracy of data in the ETRM application
- Producing, developing and monitoring adequate Middle Office control framework
- Reporting and controlling risk parameters of trading (prices, volatilities and correlations)
- Supporting the Risk Manager in the validation and installation of new application releases
- Assisting the Risk Manager in assessing risk indicators, analyzing potential scenarios and reporting risks including the definition and review of further development activities of Power and Gas Division
- Supporting the Risk Manager in applying methodology and instruments to approach and analyze business products
- Cooperating with the head quarter regarding operation, maintenance and stability of the ETRM Platform (functional and a technical perspective)
- University degree in Quantitative Finance, Mathematics, Statistics or equivalent
- At least 5 years of work experience as Quant in a trading environment and/or Risk Management
- Knowledge in pricing and valuation of complex and structured products
- Understanding of quantitative methods for market and credit measurement
- Knowledge of financial and commodity markets (especially Gas)
- Programming skills for prototyping and ad hoc solutions, ideally in R, Python, Scala, Spark and Cloudera
- Ability to absorb new concepts quickly and solve problems efficiently
- Fluent in English
No agencies please. Candidates to apply through our online system. Thank you.
Checking application documents and pre-selection Open or Close
When we receive your application we (Recruiting Team link) check your documents. If your motivation, qualifications and work experience fit the job profile, you're already a step closer.
Video interview Open or Close
For some functions, we carry out staggered video interviews before the first meeting. You will be able to answer our questions by video, and you decide on the time and place.
Meeting you in person Open or Close
We now look forward to meeting you in person for the first time. You'll have the opportunity to learn more about Axpo and get more detailed information about the job. Depending on the function, you will be given a sample task to complete, or we'll draw up a job-related personality profile with you. You may be invited to an assessment centre. A meeting with the team is also an option. In the final stage we'll make you a fair offer in line with standard wages.
Three tips Open or Close
Tip 1: A well prepared dossier and pertinent covering letter help us to learn more about your skills.
Tip 2: In your interview be open and genuine. This helps us to get an accurate picture of you, and also helps you to find out if Axpo is for you.
Tip 3: Asks questions in the interview and clarify any outstanding points.
About usThe Axpo Group produces, trades and distributes energy reliably in Switzerland and in over 30 countries throughout Europe. Around 4500 employees combine the expertise from 100 years of climate-friendly power production with innovative strength for a sustainable energy future. Axpo is an international leader in energy trading and in the development of tailor-made energy solutions for its customers.
More information about Axpo
Further open positions at Axpo