IT Application Developer & Business Analyst
- Being part of an effective, highly motivated and agile DevOps team
- Understanding and gathering business requirements
- Proposing and building solutions within a range from quick/agile ones to complex/robust/critical ones and keeping everything under control
- Being responsible for your area of applications within the framework which includes ETL processes (interfaces), databases and reporting/BI components
- Collaborating with colleagues in Spain and across Europe (business stakeholders, developers of the teams and external experts)
- Keeping yourself fit with regards to latest technology and other work related know-how as well as participating in trainings and education at our headquarters in Switzerland
- University degree in computer science or similar education
- Proven work experience of at least 2-5 years in a similar role including application development
- Energy industry experience is a big plus
- Experience in a variety of software development approaches and methodologies including Agile
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Very good English skills, spoken and written
No agencies please. Candidates to apply through our online system. Thank you.
Checking application documents and pre-selection Open or Close
When we receive your application we (Recruiting Team link) check your documents. If your motivation, qualifications and work experience fit the job profile, you're already a step closer.
Video interview Open or Close
For some functions, we carry out staggered video interviews before the first meeting. You will be able to answer our questions by video, and you decide on the time and place.
Meeting you in person Open or Close
We now look forward to meeting you in person for the first time. You'll have the opportunity to learn more about Axpo and get more detailed information about the job. Depending on the function, you will be given a sample task to complete, or we'll draw up a job-related personality profile with you. You may be invited to an assessment centre. A meeting with the team is also an option. In the final stage we'll make you a fair offer in line with standard wages.
Three tips Open or Close
Tip 1: A well prepared dossier and pertinent covering letter help us to learn more about your skills.
Tip 2: In your interview be open and genuine. This helps us to get an accurate picture of you, and also helps you to find out if Axpo is for you.
Tip 3: Asks questions in the interview and clarify any outstanding points.
About usThe Axpo Group produces, trades and distributes energy reliably in Switzerland and in over 30 countries throughout Europe. Around 4500 employees combine the expertise from 100 years of climate-friendly power production with innovative strength for a sustainable energy future. Axpo is an international leader in energy trading and in the development of tailor-made energy solutions for its customers.
More information about Axpo
Further open positions at Axpo