- Apply best-practice data science to implement big data and advanced analytics use-cases in close cooperation with the respective stakeholders
- Develop state-of-the-art machine learning, advanced analytics and big data procedures
- Ensure state-of-the-art implementation and delivery
- Use data mining and deep learning approaches to identify further use-cases
- Pro-actively consult on enhancing existing routines and establish a knowledge sharing mindset
- Support local teams in implementing use-cases
- Involve in setting up a suitable data governance
- Shape the future role of advanced analytics and big data
- Master's degree in data science, computer science, applied mathematics or simi-lar
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in applying advanced analytics to a variety of cases and a proven ability to synthesize complex data; deep understanding of modern machine learning techniques and their mathematical foundations
- Real-world implementation experience in machine learning applications
- Strong programming skills in at least one object oriented programming language (Java, Scala, C++, Python, etc.) and experience with data visualisation tools
- Experience in energy/commodity trading is an advantage
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Highly collaborative, capable of listening to and learning from colleagues, chal-lenging thoughtfully and prioritizing impact
- Fluent in English
- Flexibility and willingness to travel (40%)
No agencies please. Candidates to apply through our online system. Thank you.
Senior HR Manager Recruiting
Checking application documents and pre-selection Open or Close
When we receive your application we (Recruiting Team link) check your documents. If your motivation, qualifications and work experience fit the job profile, you're already a step closer.
Video interview Open or Close
For some functions, we carry out staggered video interviews before the first meeting. You will be able to answer our questions by video, and you decide on the time and place.
Meeting you in person Open or Close
We now look forward to meeting you in person for the first time. You'll have the opportunity to learn more about Axpo and get more detailed information about the job. Depending on the function, you will be given a sample task to complete, or we'll draw up a job-related personality profile with you. You may be invited to an assessment centre. A meeting with the team is also an option. In the final stage we'll make you a fair offer in line with standard wages.
Three tips Open or Close
Tip 1: A well prepared dossier and pertinent covering letter help us to learn more about your skills.
Tip 2: In your interview be open and genuine. This helps us to get an accurate picture of you, and also helps you to find out if Axpo is for you.
Tip 3: Asks questions in the interview and clarify any outstanding points.
About usThe Axpo Group produces, trades and distributes energy reliably in Switzerland and in over 30 countries throughout Europe. Around 4500 employees combine the expertise from 100 years of climate-friendly power production with innovative strength for a sustainable energy future. Axpo is an international leader in energy trading and in the development of tailor-made energy solutions for its customers.
More information about Axpo
Further open positions at Axpo