(Senior) Machine Learning Engineer
- Implement and operationalize various advanced analytics use cases in the con-text of Asset-backed Trading
- Bridge between data science and hydro optimization/trading and take use cases into daily operation
- Cooperate with quantitative analysts, traders and hydro optimization experts on the one hand and cooperate with the group-wide advanced analytics team on the other hand to productivize meaningful use cases
- Train existing staff and create efficient dashboards for traders to interact with use case recommendations
- Ensure state-of-the-art implementation and delivery
- Maintain implemented use cases together with Trading IT
- Pro-actively consult on enhancing existing routines and establish a knowledge sharing mindset
- Cooperate with Big Data project and represent the division Core Market Trading in the data science community
- Degree in data science, computer science, applied mathematics or equivalent education
- Minimum of 4 years of real-world experience in operationalizing advanced ana-lytics use cases to be incorporated in 24/7 business processes
- Self-reliant person who likes end-to-end development of use cases and is expe-rienced in handling the challenges contained
- Proficient in Python
- Experience in energy/commodity trading is an advantage
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Highly collaborative, capable of listening to and learning from colleagues, chal-lenging thoughtfully and prioritizing impact
- Fluent in English
This position complements the existing team and will play a key role in preparing for future market challenges with shorter gate closure and decision times. This role is part of the unit Models & Optimization in the division Core Market Trading, which is respon-sible for the commercialization of the Swiss power plants of Axpo.
Checking application documents and pre-selection Open or Close
When we receive your application we (Recruiting Team link) check your documents. If your motivation, qualifications and work experience fit the job profile, you're already a step closer.
Video interview Open or Close
For some functions, we carry out staggered video interviews before the first meeting. You will be able to answer our questions by video, and you decide on the time and place.
Meeting you in person Open or Close
We now look forward to meeting you in person for the first time. You'll have the opportunity to learn more about Axpo and get more detailed information about the job. Depending on the function, you will be given a sample task to complete, or we'll draw up a job-related personality profile with you. You may be invited to an assessment centre. A meeting with the team is also an option. In the final stage we'll make you a fair offer in line with standard wages.
Three tips Open or Close
Tip 1: A well prepared dossier and pertinent covering letter help us to learn more about your skills.
Tip 2: In your interview be open and genuine. This helps us to get an accurate picture of you, and also helps you to find out if Axpo is for you.
Tip 3: Asks questions in the interview and clarify any outstanding points.
About usThe Axpo Group produces, trades and distributes energy reliably for more than 3 million people and several thousand companies in Switzerland and in over 30 countries throughout Europe. Around 4500 employees combine the expertise from 100 years of climate-friendly power production with innovative strength for a sustainable energy future. Axpo is an international leader in energy trading and in the development of tailor-made energy solutions for its customers.
More information about Axpo
Further open positions at Axpo