Technical Expert Battery Systems f/m
80 % or more |
In order to grow this business, Axpo is looking to hire a Technical Expert for battery systems to support the development process for battery projects from an engineering perspective. The successful candidate will liaise closely with Axpo's battery development team as well as with the structuring and procurement teams and lead on any technical input to progress our projects.
What you will do
- Lead the project development process from an in-house engineering perspective. This in-cludes preparing technical information for the grid connection, the planning application and required permits
- Selection and steering of external engineering experts for the front end engineering and design of battery storages and hybrid system
- From an engineering perspective, preparation of RfQ and RfP documents for sourcing main components, EPC, and System Integration services
- Jointly with procurement, review of proposals and selection of suppliers; draw in and coordinate respective technical experts from within Axpo and externally if and when required
- Lead the interaction with TSOs and DSOs on grid connection requirements and the respective application process
- Support in project realization so that the suppliers adhere to contract terms from a technical perspective
What you bring & who you are
- University degree of engineering sciences, natural sciences, or in a comparable discipline
- 3+ years of experience in engineering related to either renewable or storage systems
- Proven track record of engineering support for project developers and procurement functions
- Generalised knowledge on electrical, mechanical, and civil engineering to guide projects and draw in subject matter engineering experts when required
- Good communication skills and ability to work in a diverse team that is spread across several locations
- Preferably established network and track record in the battery business
- English & German language proficiency
What we offer
Axpo is Switzerland's largest producer of renewable energy, as well as an international leader in energy trading and the marketing of solar and wind power. We develop innovative energy solutions for our customers based on state-of-the-art technologies in over 30 countries in Europe, the USA and Asia. Around 5,000 employees work on exciting and challenging tasks, contribute their ideas and solutions and put them into practice. Our entrepreneurial way of thinking and acting helps us develop innovative and sustainable energy solutions for our customers. We have an open corporate culture, treat each other with respect and value diversity. We therefore welcome applicants regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or ideology, disability, age, sexual orientation or identity.
About the team
Axpo is expanding its renewables business by developing and commercially managing wind, solar, battery, and hydrogen assets. We invest own money but also manage these renewable assets for third parties. With regards to batteries, our portfolio comprises medium sized batteries for industrial customers as well as large scale batteries that are connected to the medium or high voltage grids. These batteries are either stand-alone assets or are co-located with other energy assets like EV fast-charging stations.